We at Mercury Training Services Ltd are required to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’) in relation to how we handle any personal data which we obtain from you. Any personal information gathered will only be used in the context of the training activity that you undertake with us. We may also collect Sensitive Personal Data relating to you but only with your explicit consent in advance. We may process all the information we obtain from you to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and we may request further information from third parties or disclose your details to other selected third parties, such as the Skills Funding Agency, Awarding Organisations or their regulators such as the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
We may from time to time send to you or your company by email or by post details about products or courses, which we believe may be of interest to you. If you no longer require such information to be sent, or if you have provided us with any information that you no longer wish us to use, please contact us on the telephone number given below.
In disclosing your personal details to us, you agree that we may process and in particular may disclose your personal data:
- as required by law to any third parties
- to selected third parties who may process personal data on our behalf
- to third parties such as the Skills Funding Agency, Awarding Organisations or the SIA, who may use your personal data or sensitive personal data (as appropriate) to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- contact you directly about forthcoming events, courses or programmes
- carry out statistical analysis
- pass to their regulator or industry bodies for the following purposes
- monitor equal opportunities relating to ethnicity or disability; or for other such monitoring purposes; or
- account for candidates where there is a requirement to do so; or
- where there is a requirement for such bodies to contact a candidate directly and the information is not readily accessible by other means
- disclose and publish your details in directories which may contain information about Mercury Training Services Ltd
- disclose your personal details to third parties for the purposes of providing prizes, remuneration and awards for candidates.
The Skills Funding Agency and Awarding Organisations may also transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area but Mercury Training will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that any such transferred information is given the same protection and levels of security as if it were being processed within the UK.