The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. It strengthens existing legislation on how businesses store and process data. Ensuring that your organisation is up to speed with the GDPR is essential, not only to protect your clients’ data, but also to protect your business from fines, penalties and reputational damage.
20 – 40 minutes
Learners will receive an e-learning completion certificate, which is downloadable upon successful finishing the course.
- interactive exercises/gaming
- media-rich content
- interactive 3D scenarios
- content provided by market leading experts
- relevant photography and illustrations
- multi-generational content and style
Any employee responsible for handling data, as well as their managers. It is particularly useful for employees responsible for managing or accessing databases.
Mercury’s GDPR e-learning Short Course is designed to help your organisation navigate the introduction of the GDPR. It covers all the essential information on how GDPR affects your business.
It is ideal for employees in busy workplaces who need to get up to speed quickly with the requirements of the GDPR.
What is covered
- What the GDPR is, and how it affects how your business collects data
- The principles behind how you should process client data
- The rights of individuals over their data, including subject access requests and the right to be forgotten
- The GDPR requirements for your organisation
- What data and personal data is
- Data breaches and penalties
How will I be assessed
Our e-learning is available to use on multiple platforms such as tablets, PCs and laptops. All you need is an internet connection. Learners simply log on to the Highfield Learner Management System (LMS) and work their way through the course, along with the scenarios that provide them with real-life context.
Learners are assessed at the end of the course by multiple-choice questions.